Saturday, November 17, 2007

Have photos, looking for champagne

Today I cropped the Polaroid scans that have been rotating on my hard drive since last Christmas. Wish I had a glass of bubbly to toast the accomplishment!

Having seen Susan's post about the personal info required by Flickr, I decided to use Picasa instead. I like being able to access it directly from the gmail account, or actually from the shortcut on my desktop.

The Picasa software download took "forever" allowing me time to nap during the process. And, no I am not at work. After a pleasant snooze I awoke to find that the download apparently had not worked. Cursing, I went off to embroider for awhile.

Second try, this time I went wireless and tapped into my neighbor's high speed access. Will that woman never learn about network security? The download took 15 seconds instead of 20 minutes and since it named itself Picasa2, I guess Picasa1 really is there---somewhere.

Next step is to plug my camera into the computer see how easy it is to move photos out onto the web.

1 comment:

krl2pt0 said...

i love neighbors like that.

bc